Friday, July 20, 2018

Morning Offerings

Year 6 - Day 201: Today, I am grateful for morning offerings.

Okay, that first cup of coffee in the morning is pretty important. It is a rejuvenating cup of comfort. There is something special in the ritual that seems to be as important as what is in the cup. 

Today's scripture is about that first prayer of the morning. Prayer is a powerful way to start the day. No need for long and fancy. Our Lord is waiting for the most simple of prayers to kick start the day. Something like:

"Good morning. Thank you for being with me again, today. I long to get it right today and I need your help. Guide my day and my way. Let me see with your eyes and hear with your ears. Thank you for this beautiful day to try again."

You might even memorize and pray this little verse: 

"O Lord, in the morning you hear my voice; in the morning I prepare a sacrifice for you and watch." -Psalm 5:3 (ESV) (The image text is New King James Version. )

He is not impressed by fancy, showy prayers. He sees the heart. 

Our morning prayers are a simple offering, but they start the day out right. It goes so well with a favorite verse from Roman 12:

"I appeal to you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship." -Romans 12:1 (ESV)

Make this day an offering. A living sacrifice of a life ready to serve in God's army of hope and help. The most beautiful gifts are from the heart. The perfect gift... is to make our lives a living sacrifice to our God, who seems to delight in all of our quirks, imperfections and originality. What we as as not quite perfect, he sees as perfectly created in His image. 

What will you do with this day? 

Today, I am grateful for morning offerings.


No comments:

Post a Comment