Wednesday, July 11, 2018

My Guy

Year 6 - Day 192: Today, I am grateful for my guy. 

Today is the day we said, "I do. I will. And, made our covenant before God to love and cherish. I am so grateful for my other half. 

Love is romantic... but more than that... it is the genuine knowledge of being cherished. To love and to be loved in return is precious and priceless.

Every year, I realize I love him more. There is something even sweeter in this season of mature love. I still like him. Really like him. And... I think he likes me. 

I love how God grants us partners who balance us and compliment us. I adore that the Love-of-my-Life knows what I am thinking before I say it, and we can finish each other's sentences. The laughter is real. I rejoice in the very real comfort that comes with knowing and being known.

Marriage is a sacred. Honoring our loved ones can be done with simple acts of kindness every day. Intentional thoughtfulness and sweet little surprises are never out of style. Somedays, I know I could do better. 

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.  It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.  It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails. -1 Corinthians 13:4-8

Together is my favorite place to be. It doesn't even matter what we are doing. 

Today, I am grateful for my guy. 




No comments:

Post a Comment