Tuesday, November 26, 2019

Blenders

Daily Gratitude Year 7- Day 330: Today, I am grateful for my blenders. 

We received our first blender as a wedding gift from my mother-in-law. It always reminded me of her... and her love of cooking for her family. I was sad when it finally died and had to be replaced. We are currently on our third one. It isn't something we use every day, but there are times our meals would be missing something without the use of this common kitchen appliance. I like a glass pitcher, because they clean better than the plastic ones.

Why a blender? 
Our holiday table includes a jello fluff and a salad with a homemade dressing. Both the fluff and the dressing require a blender. Recently, I purchased an immersion blender for making black bean soup. Whatever did I do without one? It makes for think and creamy soups. 

Ingredients that are good on their own can be amazing when they are blended together.

Blending was an art in Bible times... and the scriptures point to the priests as the ones responsible for the blending of spices for different offerings and acts of worship. 

"But it was the priests who blended the spices." -1 Chronicles 9:30

Thousands of years ago, blending spices made them better than they were solo. A kiss of this and a sprinkle of that can add us to just the right mix. 

Today, I am grateful for my blenders.

No comments:

Post a Comment