Sunday, November 10, 2019

Reminders of God's Awesomeness

Daily Gratitude Year 7-Day 314: Today, I am grateful for reminders of God's awesomeness. 

God’s voice is glorious in the thunder. We can’t even imagine the greatness of his power. “He directs the snow to fall on the earth and tells the rain to pour down." -Job 37:5-6

The rain falls and the temperatures drop. In a few short hours, the landscape becomes ice. Too many times, I see the irritating dangers in the ice and I miss the wonder of the moment. Awhile back, we had "thundersnow". Yes, both. another "Wow!" in the wonders of nature. 

Before I open my mouth to complain about a dip in the temperatures... I will try to remind myself that God's Holy Spirit  is usually gentle. Yet, when He raises his hand to command the weather... it is nothing shore of glorious. Here is another scripture: 

Jesus responded, “Why are you afraid? You have so little faith!” Then he got up and rebuked the wind and waves, and suddenly there was a great calm. - Matthew 8:26

At the sound of His voice, the wind and waves obey and the waters still. Amazing, right?

I rarely use the word "awesome". A few years ago, I decided to try and save it for the times I see God's hand in big or even small ways. My dear friend, Julie, inspired me to this personal challenge. Today, I can't help but sing of His power and might. He is truly awesome.  

Today, I am grateful for reminders of God's awesomeness. 

No comments:

Post a Comment