Tuesday, November 19, 2019

Stop Rushing


Once she stopped rushing through life, she was amazed how much more life she had time for

Daily Gratitude Year 7-Day 323: Today, I am grateful we can stop rushing.

There comes a time in every grown up life when we have to pause and decide...we will run the clock or the clock will run us? I don't want to confess which category I more often reflect. Every day is a gift, but too many times I fill the days leaving no breathing room. It is too easy to squeeze out the best stuff because there are so many good things to do.  

"Once she stopped rushing through life, she was amazed at how much more life she had time for." -Unknown 

"Savor" was my word a last year. This year, I chose "Burning". I have a burning desire to review and reflect on the way I spend my days. I want to do a better job of living out the mission in Romans 12:1&15 in worship, in relationships and in daily living.

"And so, dear brothers and sisters,  I plead with you to give your bodies to God because of all he has done for you. Let them be a living and holy sacrifice—the kind he will find acceptable. This is truly the way to worship him... Be happy with those who are happy, and weep with those who weep." (Romans 12:1&15 )

It is a commission for a lifetime. Not one to chase, but one to pause, relish and embrace. The God of the Universe wants to be with us. He is for us, not against us. He holds eternity in the palm of his hand and invites us to the Master's table, not as a guest, but as a Child of the Father. Can our human minds really fathom the miracle and His glory? 

As the season gains momentum, we don't have to fall into the rush. We can challenge ourselves to slow down... and listen. Heaven and nature still sing. 

Today, I am grateful we can stop rushing.

No comments:

Post a Comment