Tuesday, November 12, 2019

Fire in the Fireplace


Daily Gratitude Year 7-Day 316: Today, I am grateful for a fire in the fireplace.



It is one of my favorite things in our house. I love the fireplace. It is wood burning and the scent makes me think "cozy". When the Love of My Life carries wood in the door, I know it is going to be a perfect winter evening (yes... winter... we are having winter in November).

Image may contain: indoorThe crackle of the fire is like a happy song. The flames are mesmerizing. 

A professor from China once commented, "American fireplaces... I love them, not for their heat, but for their warmth." I second that opinion. They bring warmth to a room before they are even lit. Light the fire and the room becomes a magical place. 

A fire says welcome. Paul mentions a fire built as a welcome after he survived a shipwreck: 

"The people of the island were very kind to us. It was cold and rainy, so they built a fire on the shore to welcome us."- Acts 28:2

Keeping it simple today. This is actually our fireplace, but I don't have a recent picture with a fire. Randy has a fire going right now... and I don't want to miss it. 

Today, I am grateful for a fire in the fireplace.

No comments:

Post a Comment