Saturday, November 16, 2019

Creative Food People

Daily Gratitude Year 7-Day 320: Today, I am grateful for creative food people.

This image reminds me that healthy food can be appealing, too. I love snacks. Trying to eat healthy means trying to snack healthy, too. 

Thanksgiving is right around the corner and some of my favorites are full of calories... but there are other options. Food does not have to be boring, simply because it is healthy. 

I am reminded of Daniel and "the boys" who ate the healthier foods when others in the kings care were eating rich foods like the ones the king enjoyed. It turns out... Daniel and his friends were healthier and stronger in the end eating the way God instructed them to eat. 

"At the end of the ten days, Daniel and his three friends looked healthier and better nourished than the young men who had been eating the food assigned by the king. So after that, the attendant fed them only vegetables instead of the food and wine provided for the others." -Daniel 1:15-16

I will enjoy Thanksgiving with my favorite treats, but this cute turkey reminds to weigh all my options and to not let the options weigh on me. 

Here is my verse of the day: "Open my eyes to see the wonderful truths in your instructions."-Psalm 119:18 It fits perfectly. 

I need constant reminders to make good choices. Creative food plating makes the good choice more appealing. I am grateful for the minds that see the possibilities in an ordinary fruit, cheese and veggie tray.

Today, I am grateful for creative food people.

No comments:

Post a Comment