Sunday, November 3, 2019

Cozy Blankets

Daily Gratitude Year 7-Day 307: Today, I am grateful for cozy blankets.

There is nothing like snuggling up under a cozy blanket with a mug of hot coffee, tea, cider or coca! The cozy blanket or throw completes the scene. Sometimes, I will wear lighter weight clothing so that I can still use the blanket, even if it isn't really that cold. Add a fire in the fireplace, and the picture becomes perfect. 

In our house, we have favorite blankets, including the dog. Daisy Mae loves to burrow under the blankets, fully covered... without even bothering to put her nose out, most of the time. She perceives herself to be far more delicate than she really is and a blanket makes her feel like a puppy princess. 

The gift of a blanket to someone who is homeless can be lifesaving. When autumn chills set in, a blanket provides not just comfort, but some safety, too. 


"What good is it, dear brothers and sisters, if you say you have faith but don’t show it by your actions? Can that kind of faith save anyone? Suppose you see a brother or sister who has no food or clothing, and you say, “Good-bye and have a good day; stay warm and eat well”—but then you don’t give that person any food or clothing. What good does that do? Do you see, faith by itself isn’t enough? Unless it produces good deeds, it is dead and useless."-James 2:14-17

This scripture reminds us to help provide for those who do not have enough. 
I often forget how blessed I am to have a warm, soft and clean bed every night. In fact, it is sometimes so warm and snug, it is hard to get up in the morning. When I lament that unhappy feeling of leaving my warm cocoon, I need to remember to be grateful that I slept warmly, safely and sound. 

Today, I am grateful for cozy blankets.



No comments:

Post a Comment