Tuesday, July 14, 2020

Butterflies

Year 8-Day 196: Today, I am grateful for butterflies. 

I have had butterflies on the mind today. I love to watch them flit around the yard. I always try to find some butterfly friendly plants each spring. They are majestic. They are beautiful and delicate, but resilient, too. 

From flower to flower, they glide. They work their wings, adjusting for the most gentle of landings on every flower or stem. They are quiet and gentle. Perhaps that is their appeal today. Quietness and gentleness are desirable traits. I need to pause and watch them more. 

I could not find a butterfly scripture, but passage suggests the dove as an image to consider. I think we could substitute "butterfly" for dove. 

"Oh, that I had wings like a dove; then I would fly away and rest! I would fly far away to the quiet of the wilderness.How quickly I would escape—far from this wild storm of hatred.-Psalm 55:6-8

The other passage that came to mind:

 "Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as braided hair and the wearing of gold jewelry and fine clothes. Instead, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight." -1 Peter 3:3-4

Butterflies are certainly natural beauties... their adornment is God designed. But in humans, there is the unfading beauty in a gentle and quiet spirit. 

Today, I am grateful for butterflies. 

No comments:

Post a Comment