Monday, July 13, 2020

Power of the Magnifying Glass

Year 8-Day 195: Today, I am grateful for the power of the magnifying glass. 

I need readers. My distance vision is actually a little better than 20/20. My close up vision is terribly blurred! What would I do without my reader... and the humble magnifying glass?  

When I forget my glasses, I can use my phone camera to magnify items. I take a picture, then I blow it up until it is in focus. It acts as a magnifying glass. Magnification is a necessity and very satisfying. 


What does it mean to "Magnify the name of of Jesus." ?

Imagine blowing His name up so that every amazing quality is clearly seen. We can't even fathom his greatness with our normal vision. We need spiritual eyes that see differently. 

When we have a clearer vision of His power and glory, our knee jerk response is to bow down and worship. The scriptures seem to indicate that over and over. In heaven, it will be a daily practice that brings joy and pleasure. Scriptures indicate it thrills the heart of God when we bow down and worship Him, in spite of our human limitations. When we kneel at His feet with our whole hearts as our offering, He accepts that gift with pleasure. . 

Therefore, God elevated him to the place of highest honor and gave him the name above all other names, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue declare that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father. -Philippians 2:9-11

Imagine every tongue declaring "Jesus is Lord." in unison, in celebration, in adoration and in triumph? I really can't, but the day is getting closer when it will all be clear. Earth vision will have to do for now. I thankful for the scriptures that give us a glimpse into things to come. For today, we do our best to see the purpose, value and gift of this ordinary day. 

Today, I am grateful for the power of the magnifying glass.

No comments:

Post a Comment