Wednesday, July 29, 2020

Trust the Engineer

Year 8-Day 211: Today, I am grateful for we can trust the engineer.

If you have joined "Daily Gratitude" for any length of time, you know Corrie Ten Boom and Elisabeth Elliot are two of my favorite ladies from history. Both have a capacity for love and forgiveness that leave me in awe. They are wonder women in my opinion. They lived with a grace, strength, courage, faith and hope that illuminated the most tragic of life events.

Both of these ladies had allowed the Holy Spirit to do such a work in their hearts and lives that they were rewired with compassion and gentleness, where most would have responded with hate and vengeance. The world needs more people like Corrie Ten Boom and Elisabeth Elliot.


This quote always reminds me to never give up. Today's sorrows may open the door to tomorrow's joys. We can be hopeful. 

"When a train goes through a tunnel and it gets dark, you don't throw away the ticket and jump off. You sit still and trust the engineer." -Corrie Ten Boom 

Life will not always make sense. Trials come and they go. Where we place our trust and how we spend our strength helps us to know where our trust lies. 

"I replied, “But my work seems so useless! I have spent my strength for nothing and to no purpose. Yet I leave it all in the Lord’s hand; I will trust God for my reward.” -Isaiah 49:4

When darkness falls, we can know it is temporary. 

Today, I am grateful for we can trust the engineer.

No comments:

Post a Comment