Thursday, July 16, 2020

Life As Worship

Year 8-Day 198: Today, I am grateful we can live life as worship.

Every once in a while, I find a quote that goes into my forever favorites. I found this quote and it resonated with my soul:

“To fall in love with God is the greatest romance; to seek Him the greatest adventure; to find Him, the greatest human achievement.” ― St. Augustine of Hippo.

What a great thought. It presents life as an act of worship. All of life... every day... for the whole day. 

We can wake up with a "Good morning, Lord." and open our hearts to listen for His guidance. We can let His Spirit guide our days and our ways. We can chase His heart and look for His face in life's ordinary tasks. It is life as worship.

Romans 12:1 came to mind immediately:

"I appeal to you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship."

We don't have to be perfect. We simply have to seek Him. 

"You will seek me and find me, when you seek me with all your heart." -Jeremiah 29:13

To seek and find Him is the greatest human adventure and achievement.

Today, I am grateful we can live life as worship

No comments:

Post a Comment