Friday, July 17, 2020

Mind Training

Year 8-Day 199: Today, I am grateful for mind training. 

Science is learning the power of gratitude. Science eventually catches up with the thing I've read in the Bible... but some fields take longer than others. 

The medical field is starting to document the truth that how we train our mind matters. Intentional gratitude can be mood elevating, depression fighting and to make it simple... it feels good. 

Intentional gratitude requires some mind training. "Train your mind to see the good in everything." Looking for the good does not negate the very real trials we face. It does, however, wash away some of the discouragement. 

We can intentionally look for the good in the darkest of days. I've always loved the name of the movie, "Hope Floats". The movie is okay... but it is the title I find the most memorable. When all seems lost, somehow... hope rises. 

"For why should my liberty be determined by someone else's conscience? If I partake with thankfulness, why am I denounced because of that for which I give thanks? So, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God."  1 Corinthians 13:29-31

Whatever comes our way, we choose a grateful heart or nestle into discouragement. Mind training makes a world of difference. His Word is full of training, so that we know how to face each new day.

Today, I am grateful for mind training. 

No comments:

Post a Comment