Monday, July 6, 2020

Lessons from a 3rd Grade Dropout

Year 8-Day 188: Today, I am grateful for life lessons from a 3rd grade drop out... delivered by his amazing son.
My Dad used to talk about a preacher who knew when someone's testimony topped anything he had prepared to offer. When God moved, he set aside his agenda and ended the service with a statement I may misquote, but you will get the idea:
"I never try to speak after the Holy Spirit has spoken."
What human can follow a divine message? That is when he would say a prayer of gratitude and end the service.
I thought of that pastor today. I know this speaker was a keynote of the day at a graduation ceremony. I hope no one tried to follow him. He sums up how to get life right in about nine minutes. I won't try to add to it.

https://www.facebook.com/randalndc/videos/1920297991437987
Today, I am grateful for life lessons from a 3rd grade drop out... delivered by his amazing son.

No comments:

Post a Comment