Friday, July 10, 2020

Lessons in Waiting

Year 8-Day 191: Today, I am grateful for the lessons in waiting. 

Patience is not always my strong suit. It is a lesson that I continue to receive again and again. I have not even come close to perfecting the exercise of waiting. I like a plan A, a plan B and a C... just in case.

Being patient is not as easy as coming up with optional solutions. His way is the best way, but there are times His plan unfolds very slowly.  

"I am sure that God keeps no one waiting unless He sees that it is good for him to wait." -C.S. Lewis

There are times that waiting build trust and character. God will not be hurried. His ways and His timing are at times a mystery, but as His plan is revealed, it all comes together. 

"but they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles;they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint." Isaiah 40:31

In Hebrew, the word Isaiah uses for “wait” is Qavah. It means “to wait, look for, hope, expect.” See... there is purpose in "the wait".  We need to be still as we wait, watch, hope and trust His heart. 

Today, I am grateful for the lessons in waiting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment