Wednesday, July 15, 2020

Morning Darkness

Year 8-Day 197: Today, I am grateful for the morning darkness.

My favorite time of day is that sweet hour after waking before the dawn. The morning darkness is different from the dead of night. The sounds are different as nature begins to wake to celebrate another day. 

Okay, it might have something to do with the first cup of coffee... but coffee is simply part of the ritual. There is something sacred in the moments before a new day dawns. I can't explain it, but it feels like no other hour of the day. Rested and ready for the new day. 

Amos is a tiny little book in the Old Testament. This passage is not one I have paused to ponder until today. We have a God who forms the mountains, creates the wind, knows our thoughts and makes the morning darkness. Her is the scripture:

"For behold, he who forms the mountains and creates the wind, and declares to man what is his thought, who makes the morning darkness, and treads on the heights of the earth — the Lord, the God of hosts, is his name!" -Amos 4:13

The morning darkness has long been a favorite of mine. It has been a part of my Daily Gratitude journey. In the waking hours before dawn, I can hear his voice more clearly, before the noise of the day interferes. Focusing on the things that concern His heart is easier in the morning darkness. His Word is the only true light. And then, the sun begins to rise. 

I love to savor the precious predawn moments... barefoot worship... on holy ground. 

Today, I am grateful for the morning darkness.




No comments:

Post a Comment