Wednesday, July 13, 2022

Aunt Mary


Daily Gratitude Year 10- Day 193: Today, I am grateful for my Aunt Mary. 

My Aunt Mary is 87 years young today. She is a one of a kind and I love her to pieces. 
When I was little, she was my protector and my champion. 

Aunt Mary was my first school bus driver. She made sure Marty Rudin, Todd Widholm and I sat right behind her when we were in Kindergarten. I was four years old when I started school. We must have seemed so small. She made us feel safe until we made friends with big kids like Marie and Betty Peters. 

She was always the best gift giver at birthdays and Christmas. The only thing I wanted one year for Christmas was a Cinderella watch that came with a Cinderella for my dresser. It was not under the tree on Christmas morning. I did my best, but it is hard when you are little to not show disappointment. We went to Aunt Mary and Uncle Mel's house for Christmas dinner. Guess what was under the tree? 

That is a Christmas I will never forget. She made a little girl's dream come true. 

In her 87 years on the planet, she has lived, laughed and loved. She loves her children, grandchildren and the great-grandchildren are extra special in her eyes. 

"Gray hair is a crown of glory;" Proverbs 16:31a 

She is old enough to know the gift of gray hair. So many of her friends were not blessed with so many birthdays. She is grateful to be able to get around and enjoy outings with family and friends. 

She always makes me smile. 

Today, I am grateful for my Aunt Mary. 


No comments:

Post a Comment