Friday, July 22, 2022

Peppermint Herbal Tea


 Daily Gratitude Year 10- Day 201: Today, I am grateful for Peppermint Herbal Tea.

Peppermint Herbal Tea was one of Mama Ina Mae's go to remedies. She prescribed it  for tummy aches, female woes and colds. It never failed to bring comfort. 

This tea tin takes me back to my college days at Olivet. The tea was "Boston's Crème De Mint" . My beloved roommate, Laurie Jean, and I would drink it for comfort and to warm ourselves when winter was upon us. We would share it with our neighbors in the dormitory. This brand is good and very similar. 

An herbal mint can be savored any time of day. I enjoy it at night. I know the temperatures are blazing, but tea is still good for our souls. 

Cousin Angie, this tin probably looks familiar to you, too. Mama drank her Boston's Crème de Mint with Uncle Lee. I am thinking I need to brew up a cup tonight for the memories and to unwind after a busy week. 

There are verses in both the Old and New Testaments about healing with leaves. I find it interesting. Many medicines are derived from nature's plants. 

Fruit treeof all kinds will grow on both banks of the river. Their leaves will not wither, nor will their fruit fail. Every month they will bear fruit, because the water from the sanctuary flows to them. Their fruit will serve for food and their leaves for healing.” -Ezekiel 47:12

"down the middle of the great street of the city. On each side of the river stood the tree of life, bearing twelve crops of fruit, yielding its fruit every month. And the leaves of the tree are for the healing of the nations." -Revelation 22:2

Pour a cup of peppermint tea and take in the aroma, the taste and the steam as it fills your nostrils.  Savor the sensations of touch, taste and smell. 

Today, I am grateful for Peppermint Herbal Tea.



No comments:

Post a Comment