Sunday, July 17, 2022

Cousin Angie



 
Daily Gratitude Year 10- Day 196: Today, I am grateful for my cousin, Angie.

She is four years younger than me... my cousin and my friend. I had the chance to spend some time with her and my Sister-in-Love, Jennifer, this weekend. We giggled like school girls and stayed up really, really late... like 11:00 p.m.. (I know...crazy kids!)

Today is Angie's birthday. What a gift she is to the family! We laughed and talked growing up spending Sundays with our grandparents, Aunts, Uncles, Cousins and Aunt Helen. Like the old saying goes, "We had no idea we were making memories... we were just having fun."

Saturday night we sat in the family room and sang all the songs Aunt Helen played on her record player and recalled the ways she would con us into cleaning her room. (Aunt Helen just turned 70. For those who don't know our family, Aunt Helen had spinal meningitis as a baby that damaged her brain. She never grew up in some ways. She was one of our best pals for all of our childhood. We ALL adore her!) We laughed and we smiled at the memories.

Angie is beautiful inside and out. She is diligent and hardworking (at ONU... first floor of Burke in Administration). She loves her husband, sons, her daughters-in-love and her grandbabies. She cherishes her Mom and misses her Dad (my sweet, funny, goofy Uncle Lee) and values and appreciates her family. She is a loyal friend.

Jennifer... I think she was the grown-up this weekend. Every place we went, Angie and I would occasionally wander off. She may not have been born into the family, but she is part of the glue that holds us together (kind of like Lola on Randy's side of the family). I hope Jennifer knows how much she is loved, appreciated and treasured, too. Last minute plans are sometimes the best of plans.

I guess we girls are never too old for a sleepover. Our souls are a little lighter and we made a few more memories. We are old enough to know that each birthday is a gift.

"My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you... This is my command: Love each other."  -John 15:12,17)

She is easy to love. Her heart is sweet and sincere, overflowing with His love. We are blessed to call her family.

Today, I am grateful for Angie Muhlstadt.

No comments:

Post a Comment