Tuesday, July 19, 2022

Sharp Scissors

 

Daily Gratitude Year 10- Day 198: Today, I am grateful for sharp scissors.

There is nothing more frustrating than dull scissors. You have a certain expectation when you pick up a pair of scissors. On occasion, they fail to do the job well. Either they are the wrong scissors for the job or dull scissors. For those of us who enjoy crafting, you know what I mean.

My guys will still ask, "Is it okay to use these scissors for..." and then present the tool and the item to be cut. Fabric, paper and metal all require different scissors. I fear they have scary memories of me overreacting when they grabbed the fabric scissors and cut paper. (My Mama did the same thing.) Nothing dulls the fabric scissors faster than paper. Honestly, you learn pretty quickly to hide the fabric scissors with the sewing stuff.

Scissors can be sharpened. The heart of the child (or husband) is far more important. Still, there is something to be celebrated in a pair of sharp scissors. Fiskars brand is one of my favorites. They have the perfect scissors for nearly every job.

They did not have Fiskars scissors back in the days of Moses. They did have craftsmen and women who understood the right tool for the job.

" I have filled him with the Spirit of God, with wisdom, with understanding, with knowledge and with all kinds of skills— to make artistic designs for work in gold, silver and bronze, to cut and set stones, to work in wood, and to engage in all kinds of crafts." - Exodus 31:3-5

The right tool for any job makes all the difference.

Today, I am grateful for sharp scissors.

No comments:

Post a Comment