Thursday, July 21, 2022

Fruit Salsa

 

Daily Gratitude Year 10- Day 200: Today, I am grateful for fruit salsa.

This is one of the Love-of-my-Life's favorite summer treats. Fruit salsa. It is peaches, kiwi, peaches and raspberries. It has a splash of lime and a splash of sugar. Cinnamon Sugar chips are perfect for dipping. When I make it, I make a lot. It seems to "evaporate" into thin air. 

It is relatively healthy and loaded with fiber. I would make  it more often, but it takes time to chop it all up for mixing. The right fruits are important. There is a balance between the fruits that makes the salsa just right. 

In a similar manner, we  remain in Christ so that he can bear fruit in us and through us. Abiding in Him and grafting ourselves to Him and His purpose is where  we find joy. We don't want to be severed from the One who gives us life. 

"Remain in me, and I will remain in you. For a branch cannot produce fruit if it is severed from the vine, and you cannot be fruitful unless you remain in me." -John 14:5

The Body of Christ is full of mixed fruits, right? Together, we live, laugh, love and celebrate the hope we have in Him. 

Today, I am grateful for fruit salsa.

No comments:

Post a Comment