Sunday, July 10, 2022

Three and a Half Decades

 

Daily Gratitude Year 10- Day 190: Today, I am grateful for three and a half decades. 

I have no idea where the time has gone. The song "Sunrise, Sunset" was sung by Kelly Cawthon Berry at our wedding. The words ring more clear today than ever. 

"Sunrise, Sunset swiftly fly the years." I am old enough to know each one is a gift and the next one is not promised. This one feels big. Like the kind of anniversary "old people" share, but I guess I don't see us as old. 

On the inside, we are still the two kids in this picture who had now idea what they were signing up for when they said, "I do."  I am so blessed by this guy every day. 

There is no one I'd rather do this life with than him. I like him. I make him crazy. I think it is the same for him. God has blessed our days. Not everyone is good and perfect. The hard ones bring us closer. The sweet ones make us smile. The laughter is still good. 

"Then the man said, “This at last is bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh; she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man.” -Genesis 2:23

I love Adam's joy in the gift of Eve.  It is like he is filled to the brim with excitement, "God made this one just for me!" After all the wonder of the animals in the sky, air and seas... this one was just perfect for companionship. Not perfect, but perfect for him. 
    
Never go to bed angry. Never leave without a kiss. A welcome home kiss, too. It says loud and clear, "I was waiting for  you." He was worth the wait. 

Today, I am grateful for three and a half decades. 

No comments:

Post a Comment