Monday, July 11, 2022

Unexpected Dinner Companions


Daily Gratitude Year 10- Day 191: Today, I am grateful for unexpected dinner companions. 

We rarely eat out during the work week. Tonight, we made an exception and had the best surprise. Friends from church walked in the door of the restaurant. We were actually about done with our meal, but they asked us to stay and visit. We did. What a great time!

I am reminded that we go too fast and don't make  enough time for the friendships we value. It feels like it is hard to carve out time for extras when life is full.  I am grateful for the times God places friends in our path for unexpected encounters. 

"Show hospitality to one another..." -1 Peter 4:9a

Hospitality is opening our hearts and our homes... even restaurant tables can become places where fellowship happens. 

I need to learn to be more intentional. But, until I do, I will be intentional with my gratitude for unexpected encounters.

Today, I am grateful for unexpected dinner companions.

No comments:

Post a Comment