Sunday, July 31, 2022

Wisdom and Discernment

Daily Gratitude Year 10-Day 212: Today, I am grateful for wisdom and discernment.

If I could memorize any book in the Bible in the Old Testament, I think I would choose Proverbs. It is chock full of goodness. It is sweet at times and in other moments it is very convicting. Moments of conviction help us stay on course.

This verse was in sermon I heard today. It is full of truth:

"There is a way that appears to be right, but in the end it leads to death." -Proverbs 14:12

Humans are so arrogant at times. We think we know everything and can outsmart God. We can't. Pride was the original sin that led to partaking in the fruit forbidden by God. Living in Paradise and they wanted what they could not have. When their eyes were opened, the were full of regret.

God knew where they were. He knew what they had done. He totally busts them when he asks:

And he said, “Who told you that you were naked? Have you eaten from the tree that I commanded you not to eat from?” -Genesis 3:11

What seemed so right, turned out to be so wrong. How many times do I fail him in similar ways?

Today, I am grateful for wisdom and discernment.

No comments:

Post a Comment