Saturday, August 8, 2026

30 Shades of Blue

Daily Gratitude Year 14-Day 220: Today, I am grateful for 30 shades of blue. 

I found this picture on Pinterest and instantly knew it was my gratitude for the day. Ohmygoodness! It makes my soul sing. Clear turquoise waters are my favorite. Every shade makes me think of a time and a place. Color is as connected to our memories as scents. Clear turquoise is the color of the water at White Bay Beach, Jost Van Dyke, B.V.I. 

Mama always loved "robin egg blue." Perhaps that is why I love it, too.  It was the color of the pants she was wearing the day she met Dad at Aunt Judy's work picnic. Aunt Judy was not dating anyone at the time and took Mama as her plus one. Dad was Aunt Judy's boss's plus one. Life does take plot twists.  

Light is essential for color perception, as it interacts with objects to create the colors we see. Light brings colors to life. 

"But everything exposed by the light becomes visible—and everything that is illuminated becomes a light." 
-Ephesians 5:13

The many shades of blue are full of memories, fun times, stormy skies, and quiet nights glittering with stars. 

What is your favorite? 

Today, I am grateful for 30 shades of blue. 

No comments:

Post a Comment