Daily Gratitude Year 14-Day 231: Today, I am grateful for the new day's promise.
"I hope you have the best day today. All the lights are green, random things make you smile, and everything goes your way."
It sounds like the recipe for an excellent day. For the most part, it is. A new day is a chance to start over. Put down yesterday's weariness and struggles and start fresh.
In that "best day" scenario, remember that a red light might mean that you notice the amazing flowers in a nearby pot, animals at play, and an encouraging message on a bumper sticker. Red lights are not all bad.
Delight in the random things that we too often are too busy to see. The power of intentionality is real. Use the pause.
I do need the reminder that "everything going my way" can mean leaving out the things God has planned. It is good to leave room for the unexpected movement of God's hand in our days. Embrace and dance in the "perfect days," but leave room for God to move. It can be frustrating at the moment, but His ways are better than our way.
"This is the day that the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it." -Psalm 118:24
Today, I am grateful for the new day's promise.

No comments:
Post a Comment