Saturday, August 1, 2026

Rise & Shine


Daily Gratitude Year 14-Day 213: Today, I am grateful for the choice to rise and shine.  

It is a dreary, rainy day here in north central Illinois. We have been blessed with enough rain to keep the grass green this summer and the flowers blooming beautifully. So, I will not complain about a rainy day. But perhaps, the day made this image more appealing. 

We used to sing "Rise and shine and give God the glory" at church camp and children's church. It is a song you can't help getting stuck in your head. 

"You can make me rise, but you can't make me shine" is popular on funny posters and memes. Shining is a choice. 

“Arise, shine, for your light has come, and the glory of the Lord rises upon you." -Isaiah 60:1

The glory of the Lord rises upon you. That is a promise we can cling to on any day of the week. 

Today, I am grateful for the choice to rise and shine.  

No comments:

Post a Comment