Wednesday, August 26, 2026

Cut Flowers

 

Daily Gratitude Year 14-Day 238: Today, I am grateful for cut flowers.

"Always have something beautiful in sight, even if it's just a daisy in a jelly glass." -H. Jackson Brown, Jr.

Never underestimate the power of something beautiful. I love cut flowers in a vase. It does not have to be a huge arrangement, but those are beautiful, too. Sometimes I purchase the marked down bouquets at Kroger and rescue the blooms from the bunch that last a little longer. Fresh flowers smell wonderful and are beautiful wherever they land. 

There are times I hesitate cutting from the zinnia patch because I want to harvest the seeds for next year's garden. When I cut blooms, they are enjoyed for days.  

Simple glass containers... even jelly jars... make the perfect container to hold flowers. Fancy vases are lovely, but not necessary. 

“And why do you worry about clothes? See how the flowers of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these!” – Matthew 6:28-29

Keeping beautiful things in sight adds joy to our days. 

Today, I am grateful for cut flowers.

No comments:

Post a Comment