Saturday, August 29, 2026

Gentle Reminders


Daily Gratitude Year 14-Day 241: Today, I am grateful for gentle reminders.

Tim Keller defines an idol as "anything that absorbs your heart and imagination more than God, anything you seek to give you only what God can give." 

We all have that hole in our souls that only a relationship with God can fill. Without His Spirit in us, we get caught up in the desire for more money, more pleasure, more success, and more power. When we kneel in surrender and open our hearts to receive His grace and mercy... everything changes. 

“You must not have any other god but me. “You must not make for yourself an idol of any kind or an image of anything in the heavens or on the earth or in the sea. You must not bow down to them or worship them, for I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God who will not tolerate your affection for any other gods." -Exodus 20:3-4

His commandment is clear. Everything changes when we seek Him first. My easily distracted condition needs reminders. 

Today, I am grateful for gentle reminders. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment