Daily Gratitude Year 14-Day 233: Today, I am grateful to go another round.
"People speak of hope as if it is this delicate, ephemeral thing made of whispers and spider webs. It's not. Hope has dirt on her face, blood on her knuckles, the grit of cobblestones in her hair, and just spat out a tooth as she rises for another go."
The quote struck like a spring of freshwater in the desert. "Earworm" (the one singing the song stuck in your head) has been singing Emerson Day's song, "Get Behind Me" since yesterday. My favorite line is "In case you forgot, let me tell you the truth, you're stuck under my blood-bought boots."
My verse of the day is: "By day the Lord commands his steadfast love, and at night his song is with me, a prayer to the God of my life."-Psalm 42:8
Combine the two and I see hope wearing "blood-bought stiletto heeled boots" because if the enemy is getting stomped, why not? Since, I am confident I could not even walk... let alone stomp... in stiletto heeled boots, it makes the image more powerful for me.
"Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen." -Hebrews 11:1
Take on the day with confidence. Finger-comb your hair, get up, and go another round. You've got the boots for it!
Today, I am grateful to go another round.

No comments:
Post a Comment