Friday, February 15, 2019

Handpicked

Daily Gratitude Year 7 - Day 46: Today, I am grateful we are handpicked.

I much prefer to pick my fruits and veggies out by hand, one piece at a time. It is the way to get just the right size and ripeness.

When purchasing a handmade item, I look for the pieces with the most personality or the colors that appeal. I adore items made from the heart. When I feel the need to freshen up a space or my closet, I hand pick accessories. 

Last fall, I delighted in choosing a couple glass pumpkins to bring home. I am not a big collector of things like that, as I don't love dusting, but my glass pumpkins are tucked into decor around the house all year long. (We live in Morton, and it is always pumpkin season.) The glass is easily washed to keep it dust free. The colors are as varied as the shapes. Choosing was nearly impossible. My Sister-in-love, Jennifer and my nieces were very patient while I decided. Handpicking is a process. 

I am reminded of the way Jesus hand picked His disciples. I believe each one brought something special to the group. Some were invited, but did not follow. Stuff got in the way. When I look at the diversity of his disciples and his circle of friends, I am in awe of the way he could sort through the rough edges and see what they could become through His grace and love. 

He still chooses us, and waits for us to choose Him back. Each one of is handpicked for His purpose. 

Even before he made the world, God loved us and chose us in Christ to be holy and without fault in his eyes. God decided in advance to adopt us into his own family by bringing us to himself through Jesus Christ. This is what he wanted to do, and it gave him great pleasure. So we praise God for the glorious grace he has poured out on us who belong to his dear Son. -Ephesians 1:4-6

We are created for a purpose and he delights in our unique qualities. We give Him great pleasure when we strive to figure out who we are in Him... as we learn to live for Him. 

Today, I am grateful we are handpicked.

No comments:

Post a Comment