Sunday, February 17, 2019

He Calls Me Beloved

Daily Gratitude Year 7 - Day 48: Today, I am grateful He calls me beloved.

To be identified as someone's beloved is pretty special. One of my favorite features on my phone is that I can say "Call Randy-My-Love" and it calls my husband. How cool is that!!!

A number of years ago, I updated him in my iPhone as "Randy-My-Love". I like the daily reminder that he is my love...my chosen one... the one who by God's grace (and a great deal of patience on his part)... chooses me back. Every. Single. Day. 

It really is the coolest thing. Seriously. It's been 34 years. I don't remember not loving him. We are far from perfect... but we try every day to do our best to love and be loved. I need to remembers to act like someone's beloved. There is an "us" that is bigger than the "me". 

It is still February, so it is still "Love month". This CS Lewis Quote captured my attention. It is articulate and true: 

"And this is the marvel of marvels, that He called me Beloved." -CS Lewis 

Isn't that thought a great thought to hold close to our hearts? 

"Can anything ever separate us from Christ’s love? Does it mean he no longer loves us if we have trouble or calamity, or are persecuted, or hungry, or destitute, or in danger, or threatened with death? No, despite all these things, overwhelming victory is ours through Christ, who loved us."-Roman 8:35-37

"he predestined us for adoption to himself as sons through Jesus Christ, according to the purpose of his will,  to the praise of his glorious grace, with which he has blessed us in the Beloved. " -Ephesians 1:5-6

We are indeed His beloved. 

Today, I am grateful He calls me beloved.



No comments:

Post a Comment