Saturday, February 16, 2019

Promises Kept

Daily Gratitude Year 7 - Day 47: Today, I am grateful for promises kept. 

One of the wonders of God is his constancy. For me, there is great comfort in the knowledge that He is not swayed like the branches on a tree in the wind. He is mighty and strong... but we can trust him to stay true to his character. 

I love this scripture passage. It is short, yet explores so many facets of our Lord. 

He made heaven and earth, the sea, and everything in them. He keeps every promise forever. He gives justice to the oppressed and food to the hungry. The Lord frees the prisoners."-Psalm 146:6-7  

He is powerful, creative, trustworthy, eternal, just and a provider. He keeps his promises. He is all that and so much more. 

One of my favorite promises is from John 14:

“Don’t let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God, and trust also in me.  There is more than enough room in my Father’s home.If this were not so, would I have told you that I am going to prepare a place for you? When everything is ready, I will come and get you, so that you will always be with me where I am. -John 14:1-3

This world has troubles... but our hope is not in the world. It is in Him. 

Today, I am grateful for promises kept. 

No comments:

Post a Comment