Saturday, August 31, 2019

Big Cups

Daily Gratitude Year 7-Day 243: Today, I am grateful for big cups. 

This is perfect. I had just grabbed a mug of "Yogi" tea... and chose the biggest cup available. Then, this picture popped up. It is the perfect gratitude for today.

Today has been a little cooler. Two cups of coffee this morning and now I've switched to tea. Sheldon from "The Big Bag Theory" is right about a warm beverage. It makes you feel better... even when you don't feel bad to begin with. I love a big cup of something warm. Coffee is life support... but there are so many other beverages I enjoy in a large cup including a London Fog, a Spiced Chai or Hot Cocoa. 


My co-worker, Jill, helped me recognize the value of a big mug handle. I do not have small hands so finding a cup with a big enough handle for 3-4 fingers is a sweet little victory. 14 oz is a small mug in our house. 


The scripture that comes to mind is: 

From his abundance we have all received one gracious blessing after another.-John 1:16 

God's blessings fall abundantly on us so often that I fear I take them for granted. Like the big mug... I use it daily, but do I savor the gift of abundance? 

"I like big cups & I cannot lie." 

Today, I am grateful for big cups.

No comments:

Post a Comment