Sunday, August 18, 2019

Thanksgiving Produces Joy

Daily Gratitude Year 7-Day 230: Today, I am grateful thanksgiving produces joy. 

"As long as thanks is possible, then joy is always possible." -Ann Voskamp 


Joy blooms in a grateful heart. It is a fact. It has been illustrated throughout history that in the toughest of times, it is those who focus on gratitude who survive... and even thrive. 

No one enjoys a complainer. They are exhausting. They can suck the air right out of a room, until those around them feel they can't breathe. They complain about everything. 

The joyful ones, on the other hand, are sought out in social circles. A positive, upbeat spirit can be contagious. We have a choice. Choose joy. 

Be grateful for something every day. There is always something in the day that causes us to pause and recognize God is the giver of good gifts. Even when things are not perfect... or even good... there is always something that evokes gratitude. 

The Lord is my strength and shield. I trust him with all my heart. He helps me, and my heart is filled with joy. I burst out in songs of thanksgiving. -Psalm 28:7

Let a song of joy burst out!

Today, I am grateful thanksgiving produces joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment