Friday, August 23, 2019

Simple Truths

Daily Gratitude Year 7-Day 234: Today, I am grateful for simple truths.

In the past few 10 years, I have been smitten with the relationship between the Old and New Testaments. Intellectually, I have always known they are connected, but it wasn't until recent years that the quest to dig deeper and uncover more of His truth has burned deep in my soul. 

Putting the pieces together relies on trust and relationship. This is one of those simple truths:

"The serpent did not tempt Adam and Eve to steal, to kill or to commit adultery; he simply tempted them to question God's Word." 

Questioning God's Word caused nothing but trials and troubles for those whose life stories are woven into the pages.Do we learn from their poor judgement? Do we  fall into the trap of missed opportunities?   

I am grateful for the reminder that the battles and temptations do not have to be overwhelming. We can stand firm on the rock.

Today, I am grateful for simple truths.

No comments:

Post a Comment