Thursday, February 13, 2020

Bed Warmers

Daily Gratitude Year 8- Day 44: Today, I am grateful for bed warmers.


The temperatures are dipping below zero tonight. I am so grateful for my bed warming mattress pad. 

There are other ways to warm a bed. The image is of an old fashioned bed warmer from the 1700's and 1800's. On the coldest nights in modern times, we still have many more creature comforts available than our grandparents and great-grandparents. 

The most historic way of keeping warm is still popular today. "If two people lay close together, the keep each other warm."  Add a fur baby...or two... to the sleeping arrangements and things get really cozy. This scripture fits perfectly:

Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed. If one person falls, the other can reach out and help. But someone who falls alone is in real trouble. Likewise, two people lying close together can keep each other warm. But how can one be warm alone? -Ecclesiastes 4:9-11

The days will get warmer soon enough, but until they do, I will enjoy the luxury of my heated mattress pad. 

Today, I am grateful for bed warmers.

No comments:

Post a Comment