Tuesday, February 11, 2020

Thomas Edison

Daily Gratitude Year 8- Day 42: Today, I am grateful for Thomas Edison.

Thomas Alva Edison was born on February 11, 1847 in Milan, Ohio; the seventh and last child of Samuel and Nancy Edison. 

He was self educated. He is responsible for the first industrial research lab. He is credited with inventing the phonograph and a long, lasting practical light bulb. We benefit yet today from some of his inventions. 

I love the optimism of Thomas Edison. These quotes reflect it: 

"I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." and "There's a better way to do it - find it." 

I like his approach. It recognizes that success isn't as much good fortune as it is hard work. He, also, recognizes there may be a better way yet undiscovered.

It reminds me that there are times a new way is made that is better than the old, to accomplish the same thing. Jesus came to make a new way... a better way. The old way was no longer the requirement.  

This scripture fit perfectly for today:

"Because of this oath, Jesus is the one who guarantees this better covenant with God." -Hebrews 7:22 

A better way, indeed. Light, life and so much more. When I look at a light bulb, I need to remember finding a better way often unfolds later in the story. 

Today, I am grateful for Thomas Edison.

No comments:

Post a Comment