Monday, February 17, 2020

Don't think too hard

Year 8-Day 48: Today, I am grateful for the reminder to not think too hard. 

Mama Ina Mae always says you must "Learn something new every day". I am in awe of my mother more and more every day. She is a wise woman with knowledge as well as wisdom. 

Mama graduated from high school and married my dad when she was 18. Dad was almost 10 years older. She was an accomplished musician - which impressed Dad. He had no musical talent... except the man could dance. 

Mama worked hard as a student and somethings... like math... were really hard for her. Reading didn't come easy for her either, but she kept at it. She was diligent in her efforts to learn more and to do well. She always said she enjoyed school, but it was hard for her. 

To this day, she is not a speed reader, but what she reads... she remembers. She has a great grasp of the Bible, sewing tricks, canning and knows how to make a meal stretch. Her turkeys were always perfect. Her pies were completely from scratch. She made it all look easy. 

When I think about my ordinary days, I wonder if sometimes I don't fall into the trap of thinking too hard. It leads to worry and can create anxiety. Pooh's comment is comical, but there is some truth to the statement. This was my verse for the day. It is not the verse I came to find... it is a better choice. (HE wins again!)

"Can anything ever separate us from Christ’s love? Does it mean he no longer loves us if we have trouble or calamity, or are persecuted, or hungry, or destitute, or in danger, or threatened with death? No, despite all these things, overwhelming victory is ours through Christ, who loved us." -Romans 8:35,37

Why do I worry and fret when the "overwhelming victory is ours through Christ, who loved us when we were a mess. He still steps into our messes and offers peace and hope. Mustard seed faith keeps popping up everywhere today, so I must still need to pray on it more. 

Today, I am grateful for the reminder to not think too hard. 



No comments:

Post a Comment