Saturday, February 8, 2020

Live in the Light

Daily Gratitude Year 8- Day 38: Today, I am grateful for light.

This year, I have chosen light as my one little word to focus, to ponder and to pray. Light can break through darkness and our burdens are lightened when we give the to Jesus. Light is going to be a word full of learning, I am sure. 


There are so many times it appears life is "unfair". I don't know where humans ever developed the notion that life should or would be fair. We can seek justice, act justly and strive to do the right thing... but this world is fallen and full of sin, so life isn't fair sometimes. 

What is even more amazing to me is that a God who is righteous and just would pursue a relationship with his created ones, longing for us to love him back. We are sinners by birth, but He wants to pour light into our darkness, revealing our hidden sins and freeing us of our guilt. He wants us to live in the light. 

“You have heard the law that says, ‘Love your neighbor’ and hate your enemy. But I say, love your enemies! Pray for those who persecute you! In that way, you will be acting as true children of your Father in heaven. For he gives his sunlight to both the evil and the good, and he sends rain on the just and the unjust alike. -Mark 5:43-45

Unforgiveness and hate are troubled loads to carry. When we pray for our enemies, we it changes us. Perhaps it doesn't happen in an instant, but in time we are set free. Our hearts become lighter and the days look brighter. 

Today, I am grateful for light. 

No comments:

Post a Comment