Tuesday, February 18, 2020

Make A Run For It


Year 8-Day 49: Today, I am grateful we can "make a run for it". 

Those who know me best know that I have two opposite sides to my personality. I can be obsessive about trying to get things just right.... or I can be more creative and make it up as I go. I like the more creative side better... and those around me probably do, too. 

It is okay to make plans and have expectations. In fact, a plan is a wonderful way to start any day. I think the reason "Let It Go" was such a big hit was partially because we all need to hear that message some days. 

Let go of your expectations of how things should be and go with what you've got. In other words, "Make a run for it!"


"If I waited until I had all my ducks in a row, I'd never get across the street. Sometimes you just have to gather up what you've got and make a run for it." - Judge Lynn Toler

It creates an image in your mind, right? It makes me laugh. Some days, it feels like we spend all day lining up the ducks, only to find that before we finish, several have wandered off. 

We are not called to perfection. We are instructed to be persistent on the journey. 

"Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a huge crowd of witnesses to the life of faith, let us strip off every weight that slows us down, especially the sin that so easily trips us up. And let us run with endurance the race God has set before us." -Hebrews 12:1

Since our God is a big picture God and we are a part of his story, we must remember that the race each of us runs in unique and full of plot twists. Things might not be going as we planned, but that doesn't mean we should give up. We are called to submit to His plan with a simple, "Thy kingdom come, thy will be done." 

When the Holy Spirit whispers, "It is time to move.", there is only one thing to do... make a run for it. Don't worry. He's got our backs. 

Today, I am grateful we can "make a run for it".

No comments:

Post a Comment