Thursday, October 1, 2020

Arts & Crafts

Year 8-Day 275: Today, I am grateful for arts and crafts. 

For me, creating keeps me sane. I have always needed a creative outlet. Music, writing, photography, cardmaking and scrapbooking. These are the things that make my soul sing. 

Many have spent the last months at home, due to Covid-19. Some have revisited old crafty hobbies and others have tried their hand at new ones. Time at home allows us to relax and let creativity flow. Nothing like comfy clothes and a window with good light to make many of us want to create something new. 

Woodcraftsmen and those who crochet or knit fascinate me. They have skills I do not have. Anything I made would be obviously amateur. Still, trying a new adventure feels good. It does not have to be perfect to be good. 

It's a great day to try something new... or make something new out of something old. Recycling and upcycling are practical arts. Repurposing is earth friendly and some amazing creations can be the result. Recycling made me think of this verse:

And the one sitting on the throne said, “Look, I am making everything new!” And then he said to me, “Write this down, for what I tell you is trustworthy and true. -Revelation 21:5

Making all things new... what a great promise! 

Today, I am grateful for arts and crafts. 





No comments:

Post a Comment