Wednesday, October 21, 2020

Hot Pads


 Year 8-Day 295: Today, I am grateful for hot pads.

How have I missed this ordinary item in my gratitude posts. As year eight of daily gratitude winds down, I don't think I have every chosen hot pads. What?  I know. I don't have a single reason why they have been neglected on my list. I use them daily. A towel never works as well. Hot pads make a difference in daily living. 

I have hot pads that hold the memories of the person who gifted them to me. Some are homemade... and they are extra special. I like to buy them for the holidays and I have my favorites for daily use. Hot pads are practical, but they can be cute, too. 

Imagine trying to pull dinner out of the oven without hot pads. Many of us have permanent scars from oven burns. If it weren't for hot pads, i would have many more. Yes, my hot pads deliver me from the dangers of hot pans and dishes. They shield and protect the cook. 

"But you, O Lord, are a shield about me, my glory, and the lifter of my head." -Psalm 3:3

Our God is a shield. He is our refuge and he is our protector, too. So.. like the hot pad in our kitchen He guard and protects. 

Today, I am grateful for hot pads.

No comments:

Post a Comment