Thursday, October 8, 2020

Cling On Warriors

 

Year 8-Day 282: Today, I am grateful for cling on warriors.

The image today is for fun... an attention grabber. I always enjoyed Star Trek. I am not a "Trekie" but I certainly have favorite episodes and captains. 

I can't help word play. It seems to be how my brain works. Perhaps it is a byproduct of a head full of music lyrics. I don't know, but when I read my verse of the day out of Deuteronomy and the image of a "Klingon Warrior" was suddenly in my head. What? Here is the passage:

"Serve only the Lord your God and fear him alone. Obey his commands, listen to his voice, and cling to him." -Deuteronomy 13:4

Cling on to Him. Only to Him. Always to Him. Obey, listen and desperately hold on. Cling on!

The world seems to get crazier by the day. There is a group of commercials that make me laugh. They make fun of humans and our tendency to become our parents. If you live long enough... it seems to happen. Have you heard your mother's or father's favorite phrases coming out of your mouth? It happens. 

Are we "becoming our parents"? Do were remember the "God of our fathers"?

"and said, “O LORD, God of our fathers, are you not God in heaven? You rule over all the kingdoms of the nations. In your hand are power and might, so that none is able to withstand you." -2 Chronicles 20:6

Listen for His voice and cling tightly to His commands. He is our hope, our truth and the light.  Cling on. 

Today, I am grateful for cling on warriors.

No comments:

Post a Comment