Friday, October 16, 2020

 


Year 8-Day 290: Today, I am grateful for my step stools. 

I am short. My step stool gives me an extra 8 inches. It is perfect for helping me reach the high shelves and the top of closest. I'm 5'4" and I can only stretch so far. 

None of us likes the feeling of things being out of reach. It is frustrating and climbing without a step stool can be dangerous. Falls happen when we are careless in climbing for things. We need to be mindful and cautious. 

There are times it feels like life is just out of reach. If only one thing in our circumstance was different, we believe all of our other challenges would fall into place. 

Life is rarely that simple. I need to be reminded to keep my eyes on the Father, looking to Him for direction. I need to look for ways to be a positive influence in the world to His glory... not my own. 


This passage was perfect for today:

"But we will not boast beyond limits, but will boast only with regard to the area of influence God assigned to us, to reach even to you." -2 Corinthians 10:13 ESV 

To relish the area of influence God has assigned each one of us should be a personal goal. When we feel overwhelmed by the world and its demands, we need to remember He draws the map. He is the step stool that allows us to reach the areas that seem out of reach. 

Today, I am grateful for my step stools. 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment