Saturday, October 17, 2020

Kitchen Aid Mixer

 

Year 8-Day 291: Today, I am grateful for my Kitchen Aid mixer.

We've been married thirty three years. My first stand mixer was a Sunbeam that the Methodist Hospital Lab (Randy's co-workers) gave us as a wedding gift . It still works. In fact, one of my sons and daughter-in-love currently have it. That old Sunbeam has been used well over the years. 

Mama Ina Mae always had a Kitchen Aid stand mixer. They have always been an excellent appliance... and continue to be a great product. The boys gifted me with one a few years ago as an upgrade, and I love it. It has been used several times this week, already. 

Nothing creams shortening and sugar like a stand mixer. It really makes a difference in the cookie dough. It is, also, the perfect way to make meatloaf without the messy hands. When the temperatures drop, it is time for meatloaf. 

The right tool for any job makes all the difference. A stand mixer is amazing for making bread dough... yes, a dough hook helps prepare the perfect ball of bread, ready to rise. The fragrance of bread baking is sweet to the senses.

"Bread is made for laughter..."-Ecclesiastes 10:19 

Isn't that true? Breaking bread with family and friends is an experience humans have shared for thousands of years. Two thousand years ago, it was so much harder to make the bread (and the treats). We are blessed with modern tools. 

Today, I am grateful for my Kitchen Aid mixer.

No comments:

Post a Comment