Friday, October 9, 2020

Good Examples

 Year 8-Day 283: Today, I am grateful for good examples. 

A good example is priceless. Telling me how to do something might work... or it might not. Verbal instructions can be confusing unless they are simple. If you show me how to do something, even the more complicated tasks become easy. Good examples make a huge difference. 

"Love one another, we don't need more instructions; we need more examples." -Bob Goff

This is one of those weeks I need a little Bob Goff. His way of loving and living outload challenges me to do more... to do better. Love is a choice. Every. Single. Day. I need daily reminders to love bigger and better. 

I've been blessed with some amazing examples of love. For anyone who knows my Mama Ina Mae, she oozes love. She cares genuinely about all people and all creatures great and small. She is one of the most gracious examples of love I have ever known. I am so blessed to call her my Mama. 

Acting in love is rarely convenient. Over scheduling leaves little room for random acts of love and kindness. Slow down. Love big. Laugh often. Easier said than done... but worth the effort. 

"Live a life filled with love, following the example of Christ. He loved us and offered himself as a sacrifice for us, a pleasing aroma to God." -Ephesians 5:2

Today, I am grateful for good examples. 

No comments:

Post a Comment