Tuesday, October 6, 2020

Imperfect Vessels

 Year 8-Day 280: Today, I am grateful He chooses imperfect vessels. 

Aren't we all imperfect vessels? I know I am. it is a comfort to know that our God does not turn his back on us because we are a little bit broken. 

This quote is from Christine Caine. She founded the A21 campaign with her husband to fight human trafficking. 

"The Biblical model is that God deliberately chooses imperfect vessels - those who have been wounded, those with physical or emotional limitations. Then he prepares them to serve and sends them out with their weakness still evident, so that his strength can be made perfect in that weakness. -Christine Caine

Christine Caine has seen Christ's redeeming love pour hope, light and love into the lives of those wounded by human trafficking and modern day slavery. Broken and beautiful is God's specialty.

His grace is sufficient: 

"Each time he said, “My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness.” So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ can work through me." - 2 Corinthians 12:9

Today, I am grateful He chooses imperfect vessels. 

   

No comments:

Post a Comment