Sunday, October 11, 2020

Quiet Moments In Waiting

 Year 8-Day 285: Today, I am grateful for quiet moments in waiting. 

For me, it is the hour before dawn breaks. It is a quiet, holy time. It is one of my favorite hours of the day. This year, my body never really adjusted to springing forward. I can't wait until we get our hour back. 

This scripture from the Psalms was my verse of the day.

"I wait quietly before God, for my victory comes from him." -Psalm 62:1 

The days are getting noticeably shorter. The crickets will soon end their evening symphonies. The falling leaves dance their last dance. Nature grows more quiet as winter approaches. Perhaps we don't notice it because we tend to get busier and busier with the holidays approaching. 

This year... our schedules may be a little less packed for Covid reasons. Our gatherings may be a little more intimate. Perhaps, many will feel less holiday stress. I often long for a little less hustle in the bustle. I wonder how it will feel if that longing is realized this year. We will see what the next month brings in the world health crisis. 

Today, I am reminded of the victory that comes with trusting The Rock... not the wrestler but the original Rock... the author and perfecter of our faith. We need not be shaken. We can find peace in the stillness  as we wait quietly before God. 

Today, I am grateful for quiet moments in waiting. 


No comments:

Post a Comment