Monday, October 12, 2020

By Faith... Not Sight

 Year 8-Day 286: Today, I am grateful we live by faith... not sight.

I've often pondered the gift of our five senses. Touch, sight, sound, taste and smell. If I had to lose one, which would I give up? It would be a tough choice. 

People, for a variety of reasons are missing one or more senses. Some are born blind or deaf. Others, experience a trauma that takes away one or more of their senses. We rely on our senses, but we, also, take them for granted.

The scripture from 2 Corinthians 5:7 notes that the opposite of living by sight is living by belief. 

"For we live by believing and not by seeing."


Seeing is believing, right? But when we believe, without seeing, we please God. Our trust is an offering, a recognition of his might and an acceptance of his Lordship in our lives. 

We live, we laugh, we love and we draw near the heart of God. 

Today, I am grateful we live by faith... not sight.

No comments:

Post a Comment